April 10, 2010 | 3 Comments
Share it now!
Be a fan
Author:Jason FlomLearner. Educator. Reader. Writer. Cyclist. Part-time Polyanna. Husband. Daddy. Founder, Ecology of Education. Director of Learning Platforms, Q.E.D. Foundation. Twitter: @JasonFlom. LinkedIn: Jason Flom; Edutopia's Green School Group; and doing dishes while pretending to be a professional underground rapper. "I regard it as the foremost task of education to insure the survival of these qualities: an enterprising curiosity, an undefeatable spirit, tenacity in pursuit, readiness for sensible self denial, and above all, compassion." Kurt Hahn
Ecology of Education is a multi-author blog dedicated to exploring issues and ideas in education. Please subscribe, comment and engage.
Looking for something?
- A Teacher’s Field Guide to Parents August 13, 2010
- Reviewing Cathy Vatterott’s “Rethinking Homework” August 5, 2009
- 10 Principles for the Future of Learning July 2, 2009
- Open Letter to the Teacher Who Said “I Hate Technology.” May 6, 2009
- The Folly of Rubrics and Grades March 11, 2010
- Words that Ignite Learning October 20, 2010
- What Makes a Master Teacher? May 10, 2010
- NBC Hosting Education Summit: Can we stop bashing education? September 13, 2010
- Ed Reformers: Champions of the Wrong Theory of Learning August 26, 2010
- Emerging Trend: Collaborative Curve April 10, 2009
- Staging the Lesson – Thrust Presentation May 5, 2013
- 11 Characteristics of Meaningful Work May 3, 2013
- The Paradox of Students’ “Deficits” as Society’s Strengths April 24, 2013
- @NYTimes’s Journalistic “Issue” vs. Journalistic “Integrity” April 3, 2013
- Leadership Qualities Teachers Want in a Principal March 23, 2013
- Matt Damon’s Save Our Schools Speech March 22, 2013
- At the Intersection of Youth and the Future March 22, 2013
- Staging the Lesson: Proscenium Presentation March 17, 2013
- A REAL Paradigm Shift in Education February 11, 2013
- From “Deficits” to “Neurodiversity” — the Time is Now February 11, 2013
- Lisa Gavin: Orthopedics is a large and diversified field that ...
- Jforsythe08: Model Learning. I want my principal to model lear...
- jenniferscott: Good information for Challenges of Online Educatio...
- Two Teacherz: Great post. One of the most difficult tasks leader...
- Ingrid: What about Gnomon School or Vancouver Film school?...
- Fernando Santamaría: ...
- linq: Good Blog.Students don’t care how much you know un...
- Jacques Cool: ...
- Jacques Cool: ...
- Venus Evans-Winters: ...
21st Century 21st Century Education Accountability Arne Duncan ASCD ASCD Annual Conference assessment Change Collaboration Common Core Curriculum Democracy Differentiating Instruction Edreform Education Education Policy Education Reform Florida globalization Humor Innovation Leadership Learning NCLB Obama Parents Parody Poverty professional development Race to the Top Relevance SB6 Schools Standardization Standardized testing Standards Students Teacher Teachers Teaching Technology TED talks Testing Web 2.0 Whole Child
Follow @Eco_of_Ed on Twitter