Dan Pink, author of the popular Whole New Mind, offers insights into what research tells us about motivation, potential, and the value (or lack their of) of reward systems. It is a great video that has obvious implications for educators, especially those who feel that the seeming infallibility (and immediate gratification) of a carrot-on-a-stick is actually a hook without a worm. He also explores motivators that have long term benefits for learners and that help unlock the mind’s potential to think critically and creatively.
August 28, 2009 | 10 Comments
Leave a Reply
Ecology of Education is a multi-author blog dedicated to exploring issues and ideas in education. Please subscribe, comment and engage.
Looking for something?
- A Teacher’s Field Guide to Parents August 13, 2010
- Emerging Trend: Collaborative Curve April 10, 2009
- Reviewing Cathy Vatterott’s “Rethinking Homework” August 5, 2009
- Open Letter to the Teacher Who Said “I Hate Technology.” May 6, 2009
- 10 Principles for the Future of Learning July 2, 2009
- The Folly of Rubrics and Grades March 11, 2010
- Words that Ignite Learning October 20, 2010
- What Makes a Master Teacher? May 10, 2010
- Ed Reformers: Champions of the Wrong Theory of Learning August 26, 2010
- NBC Hosting Education Summit: Can we stop bashing education? September 13, 2010
- Games in the Classroom April 6, 2015
- Break the Speed Limits, Mind the Stop Signs December 9, 2014
- Rewriting Teacher Credentials October 27, 2014
- Using Twitter in Higher Education September 1, 2014
- Flip the (Teacher Tenure) Question August 22, 2014
- The Highly Qualified Teacher Limbo: How Low Can It Go? July 29, 2014
- Education HAS – Applied Content July 21, 2014
- Paradox of Students’ “Deficits” As Society’s Strengths July 9, 2014
- Education HAS… May 25, 2014
- Book Release March 31, 2014
- rijpe vrouwen: I think ur blog is much handy to me! If u keep up ...
- escort girl: One other thing is that an online business adminis...
- Ganar dinero con un blog: I loved as much as you will receive carried out ri...
- Ronni Sullivan: Hello there Individuals I just found a wonderful i...
- web tasarım firması: Arama motorlarında arama yaparken konunuzu buldum ...
- รับซื้อ Panerai: Excellent article. I definitely appreciate this ...
- mp3juice: Your style is unique in comparison to other people...
- service bmw bucuresti: It is not my first time to pay a visit this web pa...
- Michael Liberti: BIURO TŁUMACZEŃ...
- Trinity Groen: Simply amazing article! I recently had to fill out...
21st Century 21st Century Education Accountability Arne Duncan ASCD ASCD Annual Conference assessment Change Collaboration Common Core Curriculum Democracy Differentiating Instruction Edreform Education Education Policy Education Reform Florida globalization Humor Innovation Leadership Learning NCLB New York Times Obama Parents Poverty professional development Race to the Top Relevance SB6 Schools Standardization Standardized testing Standards Students Teacher Teachers Teaching Technology Testing Twitter Web 2.0 Whole Child
Follow @Eco_of_Ed on Twitter