In a world where our students are increasingly surpassing our skills in understanding and utilizing technology, Vicki Davis, aka @CoolCatTeacher, has found a way to harness their enthusiasm and potential to help inform her teaching. In this video from Edutopia’s Digital Generation Project, Vicki Davis connects her students to the world through a deft use of wiki’s, blogs, avatars, and anything in-between. Her approach is successful partly due to her own excitement for and expertise in the digital medium, but also becuase she approaches teaching as a learner, allowing students to explore new domains and then teach her a thing or two. The outcome is an education that provides students with relevant and meaningful skills, while also bridging the gap between school life and home life.
July 14, 2009 | 9 Comments
Leave a Reply
Ecology of Education is a multi-author blog dedicated to exploring issues and ideas in education. Please subscribe, comment and engage.
Looking for something?
- A Teacher’s Field Guide to Parents August 13, 2010
- Emerging Trend: Collaborative Curve April 10, 2009
- Reviewing Cathy Vatterott’s “Rethinking Homework” August 5, 2009
- Open Letter to the Teacher Who Said “I Hate Technology.” May 6, 2009
- 10 Principles for the Future of Learning July 2, 2009
- The Folly of Rubrics and Grades March 11, 2010
- What Makes a Master Teacher? May 10, 2010
- Words that Ignite Learning October 20, 2010
- NBC Hosting Education Summit: Can we stop bashing education? September 13, 2010
- Ed Reformers: Champions of the Wrong Theory of Learning August 26, 2010
- Games in the Classroom April 6, 2015
- Break the Speed Limits, Mind the Stop Signs December 9, 2014
- Rewriting Teacher Credentials October 27, 2014
- Using Twitter in Higher Education September 1, 2014
- Flip the (Teacher Tenure) Question August 22, 2014
- The Highly Qualified Teacher Limbo: How Low Can It Go? July 29, 2014
- Education HAS – Applied Content July 21, 2014
- Paradox of Students’ “Deficits” As Society’s Strengths July 9, 2014
- Education HAS… May 25, 2014
- Book Release March 31, 2014
- muaythaiboxingshop.de: Good site you have got here.. It's difficult to fi...
- annonces immobilier luxe: As being a Newbie, Weâ€™re permanently exploring o...
- pet grooming: Excellent job, I think many individuals will side ...
- www.expono.com: Another 10% do it kind of well although not at a p...
- www.resslermateer.com: This was a wonderful article, thank you very much ...
- Elektrische zahnburste test 2015: That is a really good tip especially to those new ...
- watch online arrow: There is noticeably big dollars to understand abou...
- make your own tee shirt: I am regular reader, how are you everybody? This p...
- property management in lancaster pa: Terrific job, I feel most people will go along wit...
- trianglerefrigeration.com: This is a really nice post!...
21st Century 21st Century Education Accountability Arne Duncan ASCD ASCD Annual Conference assessment Change Collaboration Common Core Curriculum Democracy Differentiating Instruction Edreform Education Education Policy Education Reform Florida globalization Humor Innovation Leadership Learning NCLB New York Times Obama Parents Poverty professional development Race to the Top Relevance SB6 Schools Standardization Standardized testing Standards Students Teacher Teachers Teaching Technology Testing Twitter Web 2.0 Whole Child
Follow @Eco_of_Ed on Twitter