In a world where our students are increasingly surpassing our skills in understanding and utilizing technology, Vicki Davis, aka @CoolCatTeacher, has found a way to harness their enthusiasm and potential to help inform her teaching. In this video from Edutopia’s Digital Generation Project, Vicki Davis connects her students to the world through a deft use of wiki’s, blogs, avatars, and anything in-between. Her approach is successful partly due to her own excitement for and expertise in the digital medium, but also becuase she approaches teaching as a learner, allowing students to explore new domains and then teach her a thing or two. The outcome is an education that provides students with relevant and meaningful skills, while also bridging the gap between school life and home life.
July 14, 2009 | 9 Comments
Leave a Reply
Ecology of Education is a multi-author blog dedicated to exploring issues and ideas in education. Please subscribe, comment and engage.
Looking for something?
- A Teacher’s Field Guide to Parents August 13, 2010
- Emerging Trend: Collaborative Curve April 10, 2009
- Reviewing Cathy Vatterott’s “Rethinking Homework” August 5, 2009
- Open Letter to the Teacher Who Said “I Hate Technology.” May 6, 2009
- 10 Principles for the Future of Learning July 2, 2009
- The Folly of Rubrics and Grades March 11, 2010
- Words that Ignite Learning October 20, 2010
- What Makes a Master Teacher? May 10, 2010
- Ed Reformers: Champions of the Wrong Theory of Learning August 26, 2010
- NBC Hosting Education Summit: Can we stop bashing education? September 13, 2010
- Games in the Classroom April 6, 2015
- Break the Speed Limits, Mind the Stop Signs December 9, 2014
- Rewriting Teacher Credentials October 27, 2014
- Using Twitter in Higher Education September 1, 2014
- Flip the (Teacher Tenure) Question August 22, 2014
- The Highly Qualified Teacher Limbo: How Low Can It Go? July 29, 2014
- Education HAS – Applied Content July 21, 2014
- Paradox of Students’ “Deficits” As Society’s Strengths July 9, 2014
- Education HAS… May 25, 2014
- Book Release March 31, 2014
- Merlyn Posa: you are in reality a excellent webmaster. The webs...
- dianeclantz: Good Information.... Thank you...
- Daton Hosting: 3 IP ADDRESSES...
- Benito Beiswanger: This is really great information i will link this ...
- istanbul web yazılım: Harika paylaşımlarda bulunuyorsunuz teşekkür ederi...
- rijpe vrouwen: I think ur blog is much handy to me! If u keep up ...
- escort girl: One other thing is that an online business adminis...
- Ganar dinero con un blog: I loved as much as you will receive carried out ri...
- Ronni Sullivan: Hello there Individuals I just found a wonderful i...
- web tasarım firması: Arama motorlarında arama yaparken konunuzu buldum ...
21st Century 21st Century Education Accountability Arne Duncan ASCD ASCD Annual Conference assessment Change Collaboration Common Core Curriculum Democracy Differentiating Instruction Edreform Education Education Policy Education Reform Florida globalization Humor Innovation Leadership Learning NCLB New York Times Obama Parents Poverty professional development Race to the Top Relevance SB6 Schools Standardization Standardized testing Standards Students Teacher Teachers Teaching Technology Testing Twitter Web 2.0 Whole Child
Follow @Eco_of_Ed on Twitter